Offering Full Day UPK and Afterschool Program until 6:30pm! BedRock is currently accepting UPK applications for 2017-2018. Please call 718.884.0020 or email Mego@BedRockPreschool.com
Dear Parents (with children born in 2013),
BedRock Preschool is offering FULL DAY PRE-K for All (previously known as UPK). This covers 6 hours and 20 minutes (8:30am to 2:50pm). Many of our families may need early drop off at 7:30am and / or afterschool and late pick up at 5:30pm and 6:30pm respectively. Additional fees will apply for hours before and after PRE-K for All. NYC families with children born in 2013 may apply to a full-day program at BedRock Preschool. The Department of Education enrollment period for the 2017-2018 school year began on January 17th and ended February 24th (Round 1).
Offer letters for Round 1 applicants has been mailed to families on April 20; families who applied to pre-K programs online will also receive an offer letter via email at that time. If families received offer letters to BedRock Preschool, parents should call the school at 718.884.0020 for registration dates / timeslots. The deadline to register is May 9.
In cases where your child is wait listed at BedRock Preschool and/or parents are still interested, it is important to contact our school. We want to keep an accurate wait list and will contact families when space becomes available.
Parents should email Mego@BedRockpreschool with the following information:
1. Child's Full Name and DOB
2. Parent's Name, Email, Phone Number
We look forward to helping you through this application process and partnering with you as your child embarks on his or her educational journey!!
How can I enroll my child in the summer and afterschool program?
Visit http://www.bedrockpreschool.com/admissions-tours/ and schedule a tour. We encourage parents to download and complete the “Application for Admission” form in advance. A one-time application fee of $95 is required and $500 security deposit can secure your child’s spot for summer and afterschool program for 2017-2018.
What should I do with my offer letter / email once I receive it from the DOE?
Call the school for a registration date and time. You must bring:
- The child that you are registering
- Child’s birth certificate, passport, or record of baptism which includes the date of birth, or other official document of age (See Chancellor’s Regulation A-101 for documents accepted for proof of age)
- Immunization records
- Latest report card/transcript (if available)
- Individualized Education Program (IEP) and/or 504 Accommodation Plan (if applicable and available)
- Proof of address which may be verified by any two of the following containing the address of residence:
- A lease agreement, deed or mortgage statement for the residence
- A residential utility bill (gas or electric) in the resident’s name issued by a utility company (e.g., National Grid or Con Edison), must be dated within the past 60 days
- A bill for cable television services provided to the residence; must include the name of the parent and the address of the residence and be dated within the past 60 days
- Documentation or letter on letterhead from a federal, state, or local government agency, including the IRS, the City Housing Authority, Human Resources Administration, the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS), or an ACS subcontractor or the federal Office of Refugee Settlement, indicating the resident’s name and address, must be dated within the past 60 days
- A current property tax bill for the residence
- A water bill for the residence dated within the past 90 days
- Rent receipt which includes the address of the residence, must be dated within the past 60 days
- State, city, or other government issued identification (including an IDNYC card), which has not expired and includes the address of residence
- Income tax form for the last calendar year
- Official NYS Driver’s License or learner’s permit which has not expired
- Official payroll documentation from an employer issued within the past 60 days such as a pay stub with home address, a form submitted for tax withholding purposes or payroll receipt (a letter on the employer’s letterhead is not adequate); must include home address and be dated within the past 60 days
- Voter registration documents, which include the name of the parent and the address of residence
- Unexpired membership documents based upon residency (e.g., neighborhood residents’ association), which include the name of the parent and the address of residence
- Evidence of custody of the child, including but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers documents issued within the past 60 days with name of child and address of residence
- * If you are not the leaseholder of your residence, you must submit a Residency Affidavit.
What is PRE-K for All?
Prekindergarten for All provides four-year-old children access to comprehensive early childhood education experiences that promote their social-emotional, creative expressive/aesthetic, physical, cognitive, linguistic and cultural development. Pre-K for All is a free program covering a full day of 6 hours and 20 minutes (from 8:30-2:50pm) and 176 instructional days with 4 professional / staff development days. The requirements are: 1. Families must reside in the five boroughs and provide proof of residence 2. Child must turn 4 years old by December 31st.
Our Pre-Kindergarten Program focuses on:
* Aligning curriculum with common core standards.
* Continuous assessment of student skill acquisition.
* A classroom environment integrating language & literacy, math, science, social studies, art & music.
* Family Involvement providing for school-home collaboration.
* Building solid foundation for kindergarten readiness.
Summer : Afterschool Application.pdf
Adobe Acrobat document [227.8 KB]
Registration Packet Checklist 2017-2018.[...]
Adobe Acrobat document [178.0 KB]
Registration Packet-English 2017-2018.pd[...]
Adobe Acrobat document [1.7 MB]
Registration Packet- Spanish 2017-2018.p[...]
Adobe Acrobat document [1.2 MB]
Parent Statement and Questionnaire.pdf
Adobe Acrobat document [265.9 KB]