NOW offering FREE 3K & 4K!!!
Note: 3K & 4K hours 8:30am to 2:50pm. BedRock offers early drop off at 7:30am and afterschool program until 6:30pm!
Dear Parents (with children born in 2017 and 2018),
BedRock Preschool is offering FULL DAY 3K and 4K. This covers 6 hours and 20 minutes (8:30am to 2:50pm). Many of our families may need early drop off at 7:30am and / or afterschool and late pick up at 5:30pm and 6:30pm respectively. Additional fees will apply for hours before and after 3K and 4K. NYC families with children born in 2017 & 2018 may apply to a full-day program at BedRock Preschool. Pre-K applications for fall 2021 are now open!
As a reminder, all NYC children born in 2017 can apply to pre-K by the April 19 application deadline. All NYC children born in 2018 can apply to 3-K by the May 28 application deadline.
Families can apply online at MySchools.nyc, or over the phone by calling 718-935-2009. Translation and interpretation services are available through both application pathways. Families can visit nyc.gov/3K and nyc.gov/prek for more information.
We look forward to helping you through this application process and partnering with you as your child embarks on his or her educational journey!!
Please email FrontDesk@BedRockPreschool.com to schedule your tour.
★ Email: FrontDesk@BedRockPreschool.com to schedule a VIRTUAL tour (usually 40-60 minutes per session). Must email or call in advance to sign up for a tour. Kindly provide your child's full name, and DOB.
Virtual Tour Dates:
Wednesday, April 28 at 9:30am
Wednesday, May 5 at 9:30am
Thursday, May 6 at 9:30am
Monday, May 10 at 9:30am
Wednesday, May 12 at 9:30am
Tuesday, May 18 at 9:30am
Thursday, May 20 at 9:30am
Tuesday, May 25 at 9:30am
For Children Born in 2016
We are now accepting Summer Camp applications!
Simply email Frontdesk@BedRockPreschool.com and include the following information:
1. Child's Full Name and DOB
2. Parent's Name, Email, Phone Number
3. Indicate if you need an application for early drop off, late pick up, and / or after school.
What is 3-K?
Mayor de Blasio and Chancellor Porter announced on March 24, 2021 that 3-K for All will expand to the remaining sixteen community school districts in the 2021-22 school year. This means that by the start of the upcoming school year, there will be 3-K for All seats available in all 32 community school districts across New York City, bringing free, full-day, high-quality 3-K to up to 16,500 more three-year-olds and allowing us to serve a total of up to 40,000 children citywide!!
Access to the essential child care and early education services we provide is a critical component of getting families back to work and putting New York City on the path to recovery from the pandemic. Starting this fall 2021, BedRock Preschool will expand it's DOE program and offer 3-K!!
The 3-K application deadline for families, originally scheduled for April 30, will now be extended to May 28. Families will be able to update the choices in their application any time before the May 28th deadline.
What is PRE-K for All?
Prekindergarten for All provides four-year-old children access to comprehensive early childhood education experiences that promote their social-emotional, creative expressive/aesthetic, physical, cognitive, linguistic and cultural development. Pre-K for All is a free program covering a full day of 6 hours and 20 minutes (from 8:30-2:50pm) and 176 instructional days with 4 professional / staff development days. The requirements are: 1. Families must reside in the five boroughs and provide proof of residence 2. Child must turn 4 years old by December 31st.
Our Pre-Kindergarten Program focuses on:
* Aligning curriculum with common core standards.
* Continuous assessment of student skill acquisition.
* A classroom environment integrating language & literacy, math, science, social studies, art & music.
* Family Involvement providing for school-home collaboration.
* Building solid foundation for kindergarten readiness.
How can I enroll in the UPK program at BedRock?
Pre-K application for the upcoming school year will be released via DOE website. Parents can enroll online through the Department of Education website. If parents apply after the deadline, simply email Frontdesk@BedRockPreschool.com. We will accept your application.
How can I enroll my child in the summer and afterschool program?
Visit http://www.bedrockpreschool.com/admissions-tours/ and schedule a tour. We encourage parents to download and complete the “Application for Admission” form in advance. A one-time application fee of $150 is required and $500 security deposit can secure your child’s spot for summer and afterschool program.
What should I do with my offer letter / email once I receive it from the DOE?
Call the school for a registration date and time. You must bring:
- The child that you are registering
- Child’s birth certificate, passport, or record of baptism which includes the date of birth, or other official document of age (See Chancellor’s Regulation A-101 for documents accepted for proof of age)
- Immunization records
- Latest report card/transcript (if available)
- Individualized Education Program (IEP) and/or 504 Accommodation Plan (if applicable and available)
- Proof of address which may be verified by any two of the following containing the address of residence:
- A lease agreement, deed or mortgage statement for the residence
- A residential utility bill (gas or electric) in the resident’s name issued by a utility company (e.g., National Grid or Con Edison), must be dated within the past 60 days
- A bill for cable television services provided to the residence; must include the name of the parent and the address of the residence and be dated within the past 60 days
- Documentation or letter on letterhead from a federal, state, or local government agency, including the IRS, the City Housing Authority, Human Resources Administration, the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS), or an ACS subcontractor or the federal Office of Refugee Settlement, indicating the resident’s name and address, must be dated within the past 60 days
- A current property tax bill for the residence
- A water bill for the residence dated within the past 90 days
- Rent receipt which includes the address of the residence, must be dated within the past 60 days
- State, city, or other government issued identification (including an IDNYC card), which has not expired and includes the address of residence
- Income tax form for the last calendar year
- Official NYS Driver’s License or learner’s permit which has not expired
- Official payroll documentation from an employer issued within the past 60 days such as a pay stub with home address, a form submitted for tax withholding purposes or payroll receipt (a letter on the employer’s letterhead is not adequate); must include home address and be dated within the past 60 days
- Voter registration documents, which include the name of the parent and the address of residence
- Unexpired membership documents based upon residency (e.g., neighborhood residents’ association), which include the name of the parent and the address of residence
- Evidence of custody of the child, including but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers documents issued within the past 60 days with name of child and address of residence
- * If you are not the leaseholder of your residence, you must submit a Residency Affidavit.
Registration Packet Checklist 2017-2018.[...]
Adobe Acrobat document [178.0 KB]
Registration Packet-English 2017-2018.pd[...]
Adobe Acrobat document [1.7 MB]
Registration Packet- Spanish 2017-2018.p[...]
Adobe Acrobat document [1.2 MB]
Parent Statement and Questionnaire.pdf
Adobe Acrobat document [265.9 KB]